Who We Are

ADSAUSAGE is a global consortium of pop culture ventures, with offices in North London, Cairo and its current headquarters; Los Angeles. We represent the personal archives of late international business magnate, Sir Roger Delfont. Spanning over fifty years, this once-private collection of jet-age ephemera is being presented for the first time. We owe a debt of gratitude to the DelCo Corporation in Boca Raton, Florida.

The Technical Stuff

A quick word about our process; The Delfont Archives are being digitally enhanced using the patented 'multidetector positron scanner'. The scanner emits radioactive isotropes which can detect a pictures' surface noise (in laymans terms, 'dirt'). This newly developed system assures you receive highest quality web graphics at all times.

What does all this mean to you? It means that every piece of archive material is a hand-crafted product, produced under the rigid supervision of Dr. Sy Nephrine of the Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, New York.

Sir Roger Delfont

Many stories and rumors exist about Sir Roger Delfont, but some well-documented facts have survived; an only child born in 1932 in Bombay (known today as Mumbai) to Byron and Anasooya. Some sources list his birth name as Rajeev. Father operated a successful silk and cotton manufacturing mill, but in 1938, was forced to leave Bombay for good and brought Roger to England.

There is speculation as to why they were exiled, but one story has remained; Anasooya, the daughter of a local mill worker, was only 17 or 18 when she gave birth to Roger, and certainly, no marriage records exist. However, her claim of being brutally assaulted was refuted, and soon uncovered as a failed blackmail plot.

Reaction was mixed - from outright hostility to support - but after being cleared of any charges, it was necessary to take Roger and leave. Byron never saw Anasooya again.

However, according to sources, Anasooya went to great efforts to locate Byron's son in late 1982. By then, she was quite ill and possibly looking for financial help. And it was Anasooya's son who found him living in Spain - a far cry from the slate grey of London's East End. Roger had been on holiday at 'Bahia de Palma' many times with his father, and usually with female companions along for the ride. The cold, deep blue ocean, virgin beaches and soft summer nights must have resonated deeply.

Roger would fondly recall the bustling markets that lined Alcudia street. The distinct aroma of rich, tanned leather being made into belts and wallets by eager vendors.

Soon after relocating to Cala Major in 1979, Roger and a business associate were operating the lucrative 'Palma Nova Casino' (which he acquired when it was a sailing club). When Anasooya arrived, he did not instantly recognize her (years of drug use had caused corneal ulceration), and asked an employee to have her wait in the casino foyer. After waiting over an hour, she apparently left without ever saying a word; there is no account of the two of them ever meeting.

After Byron departed for England in 1938, Anasooya continued to live and work in Bombay for almost four years, and eventually married and had two children. Tragically, Jyeshtha, her first daughter was killed in a traffic accident when she was seven. Devastated by all the unbearable events, Anasaooya, her husband and surviving child settled in a village at Inam Pangari, about 30 miles east. Aside from the journey to Spain (at her son's insistence), Anasooya would remain there her entire life.

In May of 1986, a segment of the current affairs television program, 'Weekend World' was broadcast on Britain's 'London Weekend Television' (then called ITV). The topic covered the textile industry and privatization, and briefly mentioned the Delfont Trading Mill - a now-defunct, British-owned silk manufacturer that enjoyed great success exporting to other countries.

Within a few weeks, the mention of the Delfont name had prompted tabloid journalists to uncover more history about the mill and its illustrious owner. By the 1980s, DelRay had all but collapsed, clouded by murky circumstances. Most of the assets and its name were sold in 1980 to a private firm in Holland.

When a BBC reporter tracked down Anasooya's son, he was told that she had passed away in 1984 from pneumonia, in the village where she had lived.


2020 Adsausage LLC All rights reserved.